How To Make A Delicious Honey Orange Glaze Whole Cauliflower Roast?
Roasting A Entire Head of Cauliflower
It's difficult planning Thanksgiving, even without the additional dietary restrictions. But we all know we want a main, sides, dessert and libations aplenty. Whether you're hosting or bringing a side.
Roasting an whole head of cauliflower is the perfect set it (or in our case bake it) and forget it vegan main entree; especially around the holidays. This recipe is plentiful, making enough food for two to three vegan entrees.
With its beautiful glaze, this meal is hearty, mouthwatering, and satisfyingly stomach filling.
Pair This With This Roasted Cauliflower With a Great Protein-Rich Side Sauteed Spinach With Roasted Peppers
Smokey Honey Orange Glaze Cauliflower Roast
- 1 large Cauliflower
- 2 Carrots -cut diagonally
- ⅔ cup Red potatoes (small) -cut in quarters
- 1 Red onion -cut into a large dice
- 1 cup Orange juice
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- ¼ cup Honey - can substitute with Maple syrup or Agave
- 1 teaspoon Liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoons Ground coriander
- ½ tablespoon Ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Wash, clean and cut carrots and potatoes.
- Toss with a little EVOO and set aside.
- To prepare the whole cauliflower, remove excess leaves and any tough exterior stalks so just the florets are visible.
- Trim the stock so the cauliflower is able to sit flat into a roasting pan or skillet.
- Be careful not to cut too deep into the bottom so the florets doesn't come apart from the head of cauliflower in a small bowl add 2 tablespoon of cornstarch to 2 tablespoon of water.
- Whisk together and set aside . In a small saucepan, combine orange juice, cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, chili powder, coriander, smoke and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add cornstarch mixture.
- Place the cauliflower upside down in dutch oven or large oven proof skillet so the bottom is exposed.
- Pour enough tablespoons of sauce into the bottom so it gets into the florets, make sure to leave enough to cover top.
- Flip back over and pour sauce on top.
- Use a brush to coat the entire cauliflower with the sauce.
- Surround the cauliflower with the carrots, potatoes, onion, cover with foil. Roast for 45 minutes.
- It should have a nice deep brown color.
- Use some of sauce to baste the cauliflower.
- Continue to roast for another 20 until cauliflower center stalk is tender (depending on size of cauliflower) or until a knife easily pierces the core.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
The roasted cauliflower leftover's can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
You can make this the day before. You'll re-heat at 350 degrees until warm (about 15 minutes); and make sure to reserve some of the sauce, to top after reheating.
Be sure to check out more great savory winter or holiday recipes in our great roundup 9 Easy Vegan Gluten-free Thanksgiving recipes
Please share pics of your roasted cauliflower and vegan gluten-free Thanksgiving dishes #thevgnwayholiday
What questions do you have about your Vegan Gluten-Free Thanksgiving? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give one of these recipes a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way
- 10 Easy JUST Egg Recipes IdeasIf you have a bottle of JUST Egg, you can...
- 10 MINUTE GLUTEN-FREE +VEGAN PAD THAIVegan Pad Thai With Peanut Sauce Pad Thai is a...
- 20 + Healthy Easy Chickpea Recipes (Vegan + Gluten-Free) veganVegan or otherwise chickpeas aka garbanzo beans are definitely a...