Hi Friends! This one-bowl spicy quinoa salad is loaded with bold flavors and healthy ingredients. This spicy tomato black bean quinoa with roasted butternut squash is an easy plant-based meal you can make ahead. Save time on busy weeknights with this recipe. You can meal-prep, double batch for this week or freeze for later. You can also make extra squash for a fantastic breakfast bowl or extra quinoa for a salad remix.
Happy meal prepping, this fast and quick one-bowl vegan dinner
SPICY TOMATO BLACK BEAN QUINOA WITH ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- 2 medium Butternut Squash halved lengthwise and seeded, will have 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plant based butter
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spicy Tomato Black Bean Quinoa
- 1 cup Quinoa cooked
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 2 medium Tomatoes diced or 1 can of diced Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice & zest of Limes
Roasted Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking pan with parchment paper
- use a vegetable peeler to remove skin from squash
- cut squash into four halves
- melt the butter and add the olive oil
- Place squash halves on baking sheet flesh side up, brush olive oil/butter mixture on face and underside of squash halves.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and thyme coating both the face and underside.
- Roast 50 to 60 minutes until fork tender and set aside
- save the butter mixture from this part of the recipe and add it to the butter for the quinoa part
Spicy Black Bean Tomato Quinoa
- Cook quinoa, set aside
- In a large bowl mix together butter, olive oil, sugar, lime juice and zest.
- Mix together dressing and combine with quinoa.
- Add tomatoes and black beans to quinoa mixture
- Placed cook butternut squash on serving tray and scoop Black bean quiona salad mixture in 4 halfs of butternut squash (Note there will be leftover Quiona salad perfect to take for lunch the next day)
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based dinner recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way