An Easy To Make Vegan Stuffed Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe. This Black Bean,Tomato & Quinoa Stuffed Butternut Squash Is Delicious, Filling & A Simple High Protein Vegan Dinner. Loaded With Bold Flavors & Healthy Ingredients.
This oven roasted stuffed butternut squash with quinoa, black beans and tomatoes is loaded with bold flavors and healthy ingredients.
This stuffed butternut squash is an easy plant-based meal you can make ahead. Save time on busy weeknights with this recipe. You can meal-prep, double batch for this week. You can also make extra squash for a fantastic breakfast bowl or extra quinoa for a salad remix.
How To Cut A Butternut Squash
Heat oven to 400 degrees and line baking pan with parchment paper.
Melt butter substitute in microwave, set aside.
Use a vegetable y-peeler, remove skin from squash.
Cut squash into four halves.
Using a spoon to scoop out seeds.
Place squash halves on baking sheet flat side down and brush with melted butter substitute.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and thyme coating both the face and underside. Roast 50 to 60 minutes until fork tender and set aside.
Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
In a large bowl mix together butter, olive oil, sugar, lime juice and zest. Add cooked quinoa.
Add tomatoes and black beans to quinoa mixture
Placed cook butternut squash on serving tray and scoop Black bean quiona salad mixture in 4 halfs of butternut squash (Note there will be leftover Quiona salad perfect to take for lunch the next day)
Storage And Reheating
Store quinoa salad and leftover roasted butternut squash in airtight containers for up to 4 days.
This dish reheat well in microwave or in a 350 degree oven, covered, until hot.
Stuffed Roasted Butternut Squash (Vegan)
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- Baking sheets
- Parchment Paper
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 2 medium Butternut Squash halved lengthwise and seeded, will have 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Spicy Tomato Black Bean Quinoa
- 1 cup Quinoa cooked
- 1 can Black Beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice & zest of Limes
Roasted Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking pan with parchment paper
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove skin from squash
- Cut squash into four halves2 medium Butternut Squash
- Melt the butter and add the olive oil1 tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- Place squash halves on baking sheet flesh side up, brush olive oil/butter mixture on face and underside of squash halves.2 medium Butternut Squash
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and thyme coating both the face and underside.Salt & Pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon Thyme
- Roast 50 to 60 minutes until fork tender and set aside
Spicy Black Bean Tomato Quinoa
- Cook quinoa, set aside1 cup Quinoa
- In a large bowl mix together butter, olive oil, sugar, lime juice and zest.1 tablespoon EVOO, ½ teaspoon Sugar, 2 tablespoons Lime juice & zest of Limes, 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- Mix together dressing and combine with quinoa.
- Add tomatoes and black beans to quinoa mixture1 can Diced Tomatoes, 1 can Black Beans
- Placed cook butternut squash on serving tray and scoop Black bean quiona salad mixture in 4 halfs of butternut squash (Note there will be leftover Quiona salad perfect to take for lunch the next day)
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based dinner recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way