“Adapted from Hot for Food”
This vegan gluten-free buffalo cauliflower sandwich, is a twist on the classic spicy buffalo sauce you get on game day wings. Baked not fried so that calorie count isn’t insane. Here cauliflower replaces chicken wings and we added the Thai chili sauce, sriracha for mighty mouthwatering kick. The heat from the sandwich is nicely offset by the cool tangy vegan ranch dressing. We love to use Pure Knead gluten free and allergy friendly hamburger buns. Add a side of celery and carrot sicks and you’re set with a meatless Monday night, football classic.
Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich
CAULIFLOWER BURGER BATTER
- 1 head Cauliflower
- ½ cup Almond milk
- ½ cup Water
- ¾ cup All Gluten Free flour
- 2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Vegan butter
- ¼ cup Hot sauce
- ½ cup Sriracha
VEGAN RANCH DRESSING
- 1 cup Vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dried chives
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half. Cut the halves in half. You will have four burgers. (2 extra large and 2 medium)
- Add the flour, almond milk, water, spices, sea salt, and black pepper into a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined
- Place cauliflower onto a baking sheet and spread batter over each piece, including bottom until well coated. Bake for 20 minutes
- In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients together for the ranch sauce. Refrigerate until you’re ready to assemble the sandwiches
- Just before the cauliflower is finished baking, melt the vegan butter and whisk it into the hot sauce and sriracha in a shallow dish you can dredge the cauliflower steaks
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. Dredge the cauliflower steaks through the buffalo sauce, making sure to coat them evenly. Bake again on a parchment lined baking sheet for 25 minutes
- To assemble the burger, spread ranch bun, then lay down the buffalo cauliflower steak on the bottom, add red onion slices, lettuce, and sliced tomato
Be sure to check out more of our plant-based dinner recipes.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way