Looking for something just a little indulgent but on the healthier side try our dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free stove top spicy cauliflower mac & cheese recipe. Tasty, Creamy and delicious. This is an easy stove top cauliflower mac and cheese recipe.
Cauliflower has a neutral flavor and a tender texture after roasting that makes it a great gluten-free pasta substitute in this recipe.
The dairy free part of this recipe is easy. Vegan cheeses have come a long way; we use three in this dish. Vegan, gluten and dairy free; seems incredible but these cheeses deliver an ooey gooey cheesy nirvana.
We used fresh cauliflower for this vegan mac and cheese cauliflower recipe; however, in a pinch frozen cauliflower will work.
This vegan cauliflower casserole is Weight Watchers friendly.
More Cauliflower Recipes:
Whole Roasted Cauliflower perfect for Sunday dinner or Holiday gathering
Vegan Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- 1 head Cauliflower - Large
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 cup Unsweetened plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon Gluten-Free Flour
- ½ cup Shredded plant based mozzarella
- ½ cup Shredded plant based parmesan
- 1 cup Shredded plant based cheddar
- ½ tablespoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Chopped chives, green onions or parsley - fresh
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut florets from the head of cauliflower, wash all the florets thoroughly
- Place the florets in a bowl, with the oil and mix with an added a pinch of salt and pepper
- Arrange cauliflower florets on a parchment paper lined baking pan making sure there is space between the florets
- Roast them for 30-35 minutes until they begin to become golden and tender
- While the cauliflower is baking, begin to cook your sauce by adding milk and flour to a sauce pan and whisking them together on low heat
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne powder, salt and pepper
- Stir in the cheeses one at a time, stirring constantly to avoid burning and making sure the cheeses melt.
- Once the cheese is melted to your liking add the cooked cauliflower florets to the sauce pan and delicately mix them into the sauce, coating them completely
Cut florets from head of cauliflower, or you can buy a 16-ounce bag of pre-cut raw florets.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
If you give this vegan cauliflower mac and cheese recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way