Cauliflower is the MVP of versatile vegetables. You can make everything. From riced to steamed or chopping up for a taco filling.
Cauliflower range the color spectrum from white, green to orange and purple.
Cauliflower belongs to the plant species that also includes kale, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER STEAK
- 2 heads Cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degree
- Place cauliflower in colander and rinse clean
- Remove and carefully remove outer leaves and trim bottom of stem. Be careful not to remove to much or steak will fall apart
- Using a large knife cut the cauliflower in half lengthwise through center
- Cut 1 1/2 inch steak from each side. Unless you have a very large head of cauliflower each one will produce 2 steaks with leftover's for rice or to steam
- Repeat with other head of cauliflower
- Drizzle olive over both sides of cauliflower and season with spice blend
- Place on baking sheet and cover with foil and bake for 5 minutes
- Remove the foil and roast for 10 minutes
- Gentle flip over and roast until golden brown crust forms on both sides about another 10 minutes
- Serve with a side of green beans
Add a dollop of hummus to amp up the protein on this hearty cauliflower steak. Try our simple and quick hummus recipe.
Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way