Cauliflower is the MVP of versatile vegetables. You can make everything from rice, steak to steaming or chopping up for a taco filling.
You can pick this up in a variety of colors: white, green, orange and purple.
Cauliflower belongs to the plant species that also includes kale, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
ROASTED SUMAC CAULIFLOWER STEAK
- 2 heads Cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degree
- Place cauliflower in colander and rinse clean
- Remove and carefully remove outer leaves and trim bottom of stem. Be careful not to remove to much or steak will fall apart
- Using a large knife cut the cauliflower in half lengthwise through center
- Cut 1 1/2 inch steak from each side. Unless you have a very large head of cauliflower each one will produce 2 steaks with leftover's for rice or to steam
- Repeat with other head of cauliflower
- Drizzle olive over both sides of cauliflower and season with spice blend
- Place on baking sheet and cover with foil and bake for 5 minutes
- Remove the foil and roast for 10 minutes
- Gentle flip over and roast until golden brown crust forms on both sides about another 10 minutes
- Serve with a side of green beans
If you give this gluten free vegan recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way