Crispy on the outside, moist and flaky on the inside. Baked to golden brown perfection. These vegan shrimp patties make delicious burgers or dinner. A shellfish allergy friendly, simple and easy plant-based, allergy-friendly, dairy-free meal seafood option the whole family will love
Inspired by Trader Joe’s Shrimp Patties.
PIN this vegan shrimp patties recipe to try later!
Full Recipe Ingredients/Instructions are available in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. However you can find important tips/tricks in the post like how to store, reheat and substitutes
Vegan Shrimp Burger
We hope you LOVE this vegan & gluten-free shrimp cakes recipe! It’s:
Tangy Old Bay Seasoning Flavor
& So Delicious!
Sea Kelp Granules - to give a natural umani (savory) salty like the sea taste
Old Bay Seasoning - a seasoning that adds another seafood like flavor to these cakes.
Konjac Root Shrimp - where to buy vegan shrimp online
Just Egg - a non-egg alternative that helps bind the patties together
How To Make Vegan Shrimp (Konjac Root) Patties
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Add konjac shrimp, onion, gluten-free breadcrumbs, gluten-free flour, Just Egg, garlic clove and spices in food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are minced and well blended together.
Scoop heaping 1/3 cup of batter on baking sheet. Use biscuit/cookie cutter to shape patties. Will make six patties.
Bake in preheated oven, cook 15 minutes. Flip and cook 5 more minutes
Can You Make Ahead Of Time, Freeze And Reheat
You can make these patties ahead of time. If making ahead cook patties and store in airtight container in refrigerator.
If freezing, make enough room in your freezer for a cutting board/baking sheet. Cut six squares of parchment paper. Form patties and place on squares on cutting board/baking sheet.
Flash freeze for a few hours and then place in freezer safe zip lock freezer bag for up to 3 months.
To reheat thaw in refrigerator night before.
Non-Dairy Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe For Burgers
- 1/2 ripe Avocado
- 1/4 cup vegan Mayo
- 1/4 cup vegan Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (can substitute lemon juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dill
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
Either by hand with a fork or in a blender mix all ingredients until smooth. We typically just do it by hand in an effort to keep dirty dishes down.
More Vegan Shrimp Recipes
Vegan Shrimp Burger Recipe
- Blender/Food Processor
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Biscuit/Cookie Cutter
- 10.5 oz Vegan Konjac Shrimp
- 1 clove Garlic - minced
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion - diced
- 1 Teaspoon Dried parsley
- 2/3 Cup Gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Kelp granules
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Just Egg plant-based egg substitute
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Gluten-Free flour
- 2 Tablespoons Old Bay
- 1/2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt - optional
- Canola Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Chop onion and peel garlic clove
- Add konjac shrimp in food processor bowl and all remaining ingredients and spices. Pulse until all ingredients are finely minced and well blended together.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes in refrigerator.
- After chilling. On parchment line baking sheet. Scoop heaping 1/3 cup of batter on sheet. Use biscuit/cookie cutter to shape patties. Will make six patties.
- Bake in preheated oven, cook 15 minutes. Flip and cook 5 more minutes
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
PIN IT! For Later
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
We hope you love easy homemade vegan shrimp patties as much as we do. If you make them please be sure to leave a comment & a rating so we know how you liked them.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way