This Easy To Make Rich And Creamy Vegan Hollandaise Sauce, Is Quick To Make. An Easy Dairy-Free, Egg-Free And Gluten-Free Alternative To Traditional Hollandaise Sauce But Just As Delicious. And Perfect At Breakfast or Brunch Over Vegan Eggs Benedict; With Asparagus or Artichokes.
This easy to make dairy-free vegan cashew hollandaise sauce is the star attraction, served warm over our Vegan Eggs Benedict recipe for breakfast or brunch.
This vegan sauce is surprisingly easy to make with a high power blender it comes together in minutes.
The base of this easy vegan Hollandaise sauce is actually cashews even though you’ll find a lot of vegan recipes that use tofu. We believe cashew is a better sub for a richer creamier texture.
However if you have nut allergies and need a nut free version we like this tofu variation.
- Raw Cashews - Raw cashews are best for this recipe for a neutral flavor. Roasted nuts will overpower the sauce.
- Plant-Based Milk
- Dry Mustard
- Turmeric - add yellow color you would get from using egg yolks
- Lemon Juice - to add tanginess
- Nutritional Yeast
- Cayenne Pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. (No need to soak if using high power blender).
Step 2: Start blender on 1 and continue increasing speed to 10. Blend for 5 minutes. The sauce will be hot. Carefully remove lid!
Step 3: The sauce will continue to thicken as it sits.
Enjoy immediately or pour in 18 ounce size jar and save for later, reheat to serve.
High Power Blenders like a Vitamix or Ninja Professional blender.
Use Vinegar Instead Of Lemon Juice In Hollandaise?
Don't have fresh or bottled lemon juice? In a pinch white or apple cider vinegar can be substituted.
You can skip the turmeric, it is mainly for that sunny color.
Classic hollandaise sauce is not vegan. Traditionally the sauce is made with butter and egg yolks. However we have veganized the classic recipe.
This rich and creamy sauce is made from cashews and a butter substitute instead of egg yolks.
Hollandaise is meant to be served warm. Since making the hollandaise in a blender is so fast, we usually make just before serving the meal.
However, you can make Hollandaise sauce a day ahead of time. Refrigerate until ready to eat, and then reheat it for about 10-20 seconds in the microwave.
Yes, traditionally hollandaise is an blend of egg yolk, melted butter & lemon juice. This recipe however is an non-dairy version of the traditional sauce.
How To Serve:
- Baked Potato With Broccoli And Hollandaise Sauce
- Over Roasted Potatoes
- Over Sautéed Green Beans
- Asparagus - steamed, boiled, or grilled
Storage & Reheating
Leftover hollandaise sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 / 5 days.
The sauce can be reheated in the microwave in 15-second intervals; stirring in between, until warmed throughout.
Vegan Brunch Recipes
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below & if you REALLY like it, consider a comment down below. Thanks!
Vegan Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- High Power Blenders like a Vitamix or Ninja Professional blender.
- 1 ½ cup Plant-Based Milk
- ¼ cup Lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup Vegan Butter - we like Earth Balance Soy Free
- ¾ cup Raw Cashews
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper ground
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric ground
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper ground
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. (No need to soak if using high power blender)1 ½ cup Plant-Based Milk, ¼ cup Lemon juice, ¼ cup Vegan Butter, ¾ cup Raw Cashews, ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast, 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder, ½ teaspoon White Pepper, ½ teaspoon Turmeric, ¼ teaspoon Salt, ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Start blender on 1 and continue increasing to 10. Blend for 5 minutes. The sauce will be hot. Carefully remove lid!
- Enjoy immediately. The sauce will continue to thicken as it sits.
- Or Pour in 18 ounce size jar and save for later, reheat to serve.
SubstitutionsUse Vinegar Instead Of Lemon Juice In Hollandaise Don't have fresh or bottled lemon juice? In a pinch white or apple cider vinegar can be substituted. You can skip the turmeric, it is mainly for that sunny color.
Storage & ReheatingLeftover hollandaise sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 / 5 days. The sauce can be reheated in the microwave in 15-second intervals; stirring in between, until warmed throughout.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
Be sure to check out more of our vegan breakfast recipes
If you give this recipe and try please let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag us on Instagram at #thevgnway.
What questions do you have? Leave us your questions/comments below or on Instagram at #thevgnway.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way