This 3 ingredient, oil free salad dressing is easy to make and ready in under a minute. It’s tangy and tart with a hint of sweetness and absolutely delicious, plant-based, nut-free, fat-free and gluten-free.
Why Homemade Vegan Gluten-Free Dressing Is The Best?
- Simple to make with minimal ingredients
- Easily control your sodium and sugar intake
- Cheaper than store bought salad dressing
What Is Difference Between Dressing Vs Vinaigrette?
Dressings are made up of a base (traditionally oil), an acid, seasoning and optionally a sweetener
- Creamier salad dressing base’s can use: mayonnaise, yogurt, sour cream, buttermilk, milk or mustard like we used in this fat-free salad dressing.
- Vinaigrette are usually a mixture oil and vinegar blended into an emulsion and flavored with herbs, spices, salt, pepper and a sweeter(optional). The ratio is usually 3 parts oil, 1 part vinegar.
How To Make An Oil-free Dressing?
For our oil-free version we use dijon mustard. Mustard is a common ingredient in vingette and it helps the oil and vinegar emulsify. Mustard also gives the vinaigrette a tangy kick.
Other oil-free dressing substitutes are avocados, nut butters or white beans.
What Is Vegan Honey?
Vegan honey can be made from plants, fruits, and roots. No Bees are involved in the making of this product. Some vegans do not consume honey, avocado or almonds because of this. We do consume honey but are always interested in trying new products; especially if there good for our health and the environment.
Few of the available brands:
- Bee Free Honee - apple-based vegan honey alternative
- Single Origin Food Co
How To Store
Store vinaigrette in jar or other glass container with a tight lid so that it’s easy to shake it up again when you need it. Will last week in fridge.
More Quick & Simple Recipes
Simple Honey Mustard Grapefruit Salad Dressing - Oil-Free
- 12.5 ounces Grapefruit juice - equal ⅓ cup
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar or any container with a lid.
- Shake in tightly lidded jar. A mason jar or any recycled jar – pickle or jam jar – will do for 30 seconds until well blended.
- Can use over green salad, quinoa salad or dipping sauce for jackfruit nuggets or tofu.
- Store in the fridge. The content will separate as it sits, so re-shake the dressing next time you use it.
These nutritional figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.
If you give this vegan gluten-free Grapefruit Honey Mustard Vinaigrette (Oil-Free) Salad Dressing a try, let us know! Leave a comment, or take a picture and tag and us on Instagram at #thevgnway
And be sure to check out more of our quick and easy plant-based recipes on www.thevgnway.com
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way