This list is constantly being updated, so be sure to check back for the best new vegan gluten-free Trader Joe’s products.
Want A Free Trader Joe's Vegan And Gluten-Free Printable Shopping List? Keep Reading
First things first make sure you bookmark this page and visit often; as we all know, Trader Joe’s has a lot of pantry staples but also a lot of seasonal items that go quickly.
We always see lists of vegan or gluten-free products available at Trader's Joe's but never both.
Keep reading for our ongoing grocery list of all of our favorite and a few new Trader's Joe's gluten- free and vegan products to put on your grocery list this weekend. Your own little cheat sheet of vegan and gluten-free goodies.
- Want A Free Trader Joe's Vegan And Gluten-Free Printable Shopping List? Keep Reading
- 75+ of Our Favorite Vegan And Gluten-Free Items At Trader Joe's
- Is Trader Joe's Expensive?
- Read The Trader Joe’s Memoir About How It All Started
- Does Trader Joe’s Have Seasonal Items And How To Tell Which Trader Joes Items Are Seasonal ?
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Gluten-Free Guide - Pumpkin Edition
- Our Trader Joe’s One Week Vegan, Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free Meal Plan And Printable Grocery List
Find a Trader Joe’s near you.
What are your favorite Trader Joe’s finds? We share new gluten-free and vegan finds all the time so be sure to follow us on Instagram for updates.
Let us know in the comments below if you would be interested in us creating a Trader Joe's Gluten-Free and Vegan shopping list print out and if you would like similar vegan gluten-free grocery lists like this for Sprouts, Costco or Whole Foods
75+ of Our Favorite Vegan And Gluten-Free Items At Trader Joe's
As always ingredients and manufacturing processes can change without warning. Always make a habit of carefully reading labels every time to ensure you avoid any potential allergens.
Although thevgnway.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, this list should be considered a guide.
This blog provides general information, recipes, and discussions about plant-based, vegan and gluten-free related subjects. The information and content provided on this blog, or linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. Depending on your level of intolerance, allergy or Celiac disease items may be unacceptable for your diet. Call 911 for medical emergencies.
1. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2. Everything But the Bagel Seasoning Blend
We use this on everything from tofu to roasted veggies
3. Organic Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
4. Canned Green Jackfruit In Brine
What is Jackfruit? What does Jackfruit taste like? Or need some Jackfruit recipes. Read all about Green Jackfruit here
5. Vegan Feta Cheese
6. Almond Chocolate Bar
Winning! Trader Joe’s now has their very own milk chocolate bar. Looking for more milk chocolate options, we’ve complied a roundup of vegan milk chocolate to satisfy that sweet tooth.
7. Falafel Mix
8. Spicy Jollof Rice Mix
9. Non-Dairy Chocolate Oat Milk
10. Crunchy Chili Onion
11. Organic Date Syrup
12.Trader Joe's Dried Wild Blueberries
13. Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Mango
14. Oat Chocolate Bars
Vegan milk chocolate made with oat milk.
15. Trader Joe's Spice Blend
These are our three go-to Trader Joe's spice blends. We use them on EVERYTHING lol. The Mushroom & Co adds great rich, deep umami flavor; the Onion salt gives a sweet oniony flavor and Everything But The Bagel Sesame try it on our vegan gluten-free biscuits
16. Tamarind Sauce
17. Garlic Spread Dip
We make garlic toast with this savory spread.
But our new favorite recipe is roasting sweet potatoes and drizzling this all over them, so good. We know it sounds odd but the sweet and savory work together so good.
18. Thai Green Curry Sauce
19. Shelled Edamame With Seas Salt
A great high protein ready to eat snack
20. Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
This gluten free all purpose baking mix is made with brown rice flour, potato starch, white rice flour and tapioca starch. It does not contain any binders like xanthan gum. A great gluten-free flour sub for muffins or pancakes.
21. Organic Vegan Cane Sugar
Trader Joe’s Organic Cane Sugar contains only one ingredient: pure, natural, organic evaporated cane juice. Here a great article to read more about why some sugar's are not vegan.
22. Gluten-Free Brown Rice Penne Pasta
23. Whole Cashews
Trader Joe’s has a great selection of nuts everything from pecan, walnuts, pistachio to pine nuts and they always have different seasonal blends. We used the raw unsalted cashews to make our creamy vegan Shrimp Alfredo sauce.
24. Roasted Garlic Marinara
25. Trader Joe's Beef-less Ground Beef *
Made from textured soy protein. It has 9g protein and 3g of fiber per servings. 6 servings per 12oz package. Try our Spicy Vegan Lettuce Wraps or our plant-based Nachos both featuring Beef-less crumbles.
*Please note Beef-Less Ground Beef contains barley malt extract. We do not have celiac but rather wheat intolerance.
Barley malt extract is used to enhance flavors. Because it's used in very small quantities, the end product usually contains 20 parts per million (ppm) of gluten or less meaning it can be legally labelled gluten free. Depending on your level of intolerance, allergy or Celiac disease this may be unacceptable for your diet.
26. Yellow Corn Taco Shells
27. Trader Joe's Cream Cheese Alternative
This is definitely a staple item to keep on hand
28. Trader Joe's Sweet & Savory Tomato Spread - Seasonal
This is the jam dot com. Please give it a try. Remember Tomato’s are actually a fruit. This works so well. Try it with our Black Eye pea hummus dip.
29. Buttery Spreads
30. Trader Joe's Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Baking Mix
This mix is good if your looking for a quick solution to making vegan and gluten-free cookies but definitely a bit grainy in the texture. Hopefully Trader Joe's will tweak the mix a little
31. Trader Joe's Kale, Cashew & Basil Pesto
This is a great sauce. As a dip or even better as a sauce for pasta with roasted veggies and quinoa
Affordable bag of Trader Joe’s Avocados. Avocados are heart-healthy, nutrient-dense superfood. Naturally sodium-free, sugar-free and cholesterol-free. Avocados helps increase the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, K, and E, while the vitamin C helps your body absorb iron and Vitamin D.
33. Trader Joe's Non-Dairy Almond Milk
34. Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Snacks
Seasonal Trader Joe's Dried Fruit Snacks. These change seasonal but trust us when you see the Red Dragon Fruit Chips stock up
35. Trader Joe's Vegan Gluten-free protein patties
These patties has 18g of protein per serving. The flavor of these patties are good; different from that of Impossible Burger, which Trader Joe's also sells. The taste and texture are something vegan and non-vegan would find enjoyable.
36. Trader Joe's Non-Dairy Oat Milk
37. Trader Joe's Meat Alternatives
Trader Joe's has a big selection from tofu, soy crumbles to impossible products
38. Partake Chocolate Chip Cookies
Top 8 Allergen Free cookies
39. Trader Joe's Crunchy Almond Butter Puffs Cereal
Very tasty and high in protein. Please believe the label - Crunchy is an understatement. Instead of eating as a breakfast cereal we like to use it in a granola mix or crush it up and sprinkle on ice cream
40. Trader Joe's Ground Fermented Black Garlic
41. Trader Joe's Ube Mochi (Purple Yam) Pancake & Waffle Mix- Seasonal
A seasonal favorite
42. Vegan & Gluten Soy Chorizo Sausage
Texture vegetable protein is the base for this nicely seasoned vegan chorizo sausage. A great plant-based sub in any recipes that calls for a chorizo type of sausage. We use it when we make burrito bowls.
43. Sriracha Flavored Baked Tofu
44. Organic Sprouted Tofu
45. Plant-Based Impossible Burger Patties
46. Trader Joe's Jackfruit Cakes
47. Barbara’s Vegan & Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Puffins sold at Trader Joe's
Very tasty and 3g of protein per serving
48. Trader Joe's Nutritional Yeast
This is a pantry staple that you will reach for often, so we like to be well stocked. Nutritional yeast aka “hippie dust” or “nooch” is a very useful ingredient in vegan and vegetarian cooking. Its gluten-free, non-gmo, kosher and contains no salt, milk, corn, wheat, starch, soy, artificial colors, preservatives or animal derivatives. Nutritional yeast is deactivated yeast. It is a significant source of some B-complex vitamins that are needed in a vegan diet. If you looking to add sources of B12 to your diet you have make sure that the product you purchase has been fortified with B12. A serving can also provides 9 g of protein. Another popular brands is Bragg. It has a very unique umani (oo-MOM-mee) flavor. Umami is the Japanese word for “savory” its favor can remind you of a broth-like taste, nutty, meaty, parmesan, soy sauce or and kelp favor. You can try nutritional yeast in a number of recipes like our Tofu Scramble
49. Refried Black Bean
50. Trader Joe's Black Bean
51. Trader Joe's Fully Cooked Organic Quinoa
Heat & serve contains two packages for 4 servings perfect high protein side
52. Trader Joe's Organic Riced Cauliflower
From freezer to table in 10 minutes; you can sauté with diced onions in olive oil with salt and pepper so tasty. Try our recipe for copycat Chipotle Lime Cauliflower Rice
53. Trader Joe's Restaurant Style White Corn Tortilla Chips
Thick and salty tortilla chips with the perfect hint of lime
54. Trader Joe's Fully Cooked Falafel
55. Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi
56. 92 % Dark Chocolate
57. Dark Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter Cups
58. Cauliflower Pizza Crust
59. Trader Joe's Vanilla Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
The ice cream base is almond milk and also may contain coconut
60. Dark Chocolate Crisp
Perfect sweet & salty snack. Potato chip with a dark chocolate coating. Contains Soy and has a may contain milk, wheat, almond and hazelnut label.
61. Trader Joe's Blanched Almond Flour
62. Trader Joe’s Vegan Bolognese Pasta
With Meatballs Plant-Based Crumbles
63. Trader Joe's Almond Flour Tortillas
We used these Almond flour tortillas for our vegan Shrimp taco. So good and they don’t fall completely apart after one bite.
64. Organic Toasty Coconut Granola
65. Trader Joe's Crispy Onion Chips
66. Trader Joe’s Vegan Mayo Spread & Dressing
67. Wholly Wholesome Pie Crust Shell - Seasonal
68. Trader Joe’s Vanilla Bean Paste
69. Trader Joe’s Tofu Scramble With Soy Chorizo
70. Eggplant Garlic Spread With Sweet Red Peppers
71. Trader Joe’s Organic Smoky BBQ Flavored Coconut Aminos
72. Sweet Rose Coconut Whipped Topping
73. Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Brownie Mix
74. Thai Green Curry With Tofu, Vegetables & Rice
75. Vegan Creamy Oil Dressing
76. Vegan Buttery Spread
77. Rolled Oats With Ancient Grains & Seeds
78. Ode to the Classic Potato Chip
Looking for gluten-free potato chips, check out of guide for chips safe from wheat additives and seasoning.
78. Vegan Shepherd’s Pie
79. Grilled Artichoke Hearts
80. 3 Seed Sweet Potato Crackers
Download the Trader Joe's Gluten-free & Vegan
Is Trader Joe's Expensive?
It’s one of the top ten cheapest grocery stores in America. Dave Ramsey; the budget expert’s team put together a list of the top most affordable grocery stores in America and Trader Joe’s made the cut.
No it is not. We get asked this question a lot. Trader Joe’s is actually cheap and we have the receipts to prove it.
Is Trader Joe’s cheaper than Publix’s, HEB or Walmart. Trader Joe’s is a very affordable grocery option.
Read The Trader Joe’s Memoir About How It All Started
Interested In how this all started. The New Yorker has a good write up of the memoir.
Does Trader Joe’s Have Seasonal Items And How To Tell Which Trader Joes Items Are Seasonal ?
Yes, Trader Joe’s gets new items all the time and a good portion are seasonal. Who missed pumpkin season? Meaning they will only be available for a short period of time.
Which really means how do I know when I need to pick up a few extra bags of my favorite new products lol. Simple, look at your receipt.
All seasonal item will have HOL (abb for Holiday before the item). Shad and I just recently learned this tip for an associate (see picture below)
Trader Joe’s Vegan Gluten-Free Guide - Pumpkin Edition
Ingredients and manufacturing processes can change without warning. Make a habit of carefully reading labels to ensure you avoid any potential allergens.
Comment down below if there is anything we missed or should include and tag us on Instagram #thevgnway and share your favorite vegan gluten-free TJ’s products with us.
Live Love and Eat Good Food!
The Vgn Way